Vision and Missions of International University – Vietnam National University HCMC
International University – Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City (IU – VNU HCMC) will become one of the leading research universities in Asia, with the aim of nurturing talent and providing high quality labor for both domestic and international workforces.
- To become an international higher education institution with a Vietnamese cultural identity;
- To pioneer in adopting an advanced and autonomous higher education governance model
- To offer higher education programs in a wide range of areas, all accredited by regional and international accreditation organizations;
- To enhance internationalization by using English as the medium of instruction. Students are trained to become global citizens with a high self-awareness of their social responsibility for a long-term, sustainable development;
- To pursue excellence in basic and applied research in order to meet the demand for innovative and sustainable development of industries, provinces and regions; to promote connectiveness by means of collaboration activities and social services.
C. Core values
- Quality: As a top priority, the institution’s excellent quality is to be recognized by regional and international accreditation agencies.
- Creativity: As a core value, creativity triggers rapid but sustainable development by promoting continuous improvements, ideas and breakthroughs, which are of practical significance to the institution.
- Integrity: This value promotes honesty and demonstrates the spirit of commitments and consistency on the part of the institution and its people.
- Responsibility: This value manifests in the completion of assigned tasks and the adoption of social responsibilities.
D. Major goals
- To perfect the university’s autonomy model, creating a breakthrough in governance and operational efficiency, and maximizing the strength of resources, especially human resources.
- To advance the internationalization of its training and research activities with the goal of gaining a competitive edge in the increasingly globalized world.
- To secure state-of-the-art facilities in the main campus to meet international standards of training and research. To build the first building in the nearby extension campus and begin putting the extension campus into use.
Visions and Missions of School of Electrical Engineering (SEE)
It is aimed to become the school with national and international recognition in advanced teaching methodology, State-of-the-Art research, and innovation.
Advanced teaching methodology:
- To provide students fundamental and advanced theories and link them to engineering application.
- To interact with students both inside and outside classrooms.
- To support students with blended teaching.
- To inspire students to engage research and solve technical problems.
- To build the modern laboratories involved in research areas of the school and foster students to join.
- To prepare the academic curriculum involved in research.
- To guide students to comprehend the social, economic, and technical contexts.
- To direct students to recognize current and future problems.
- To teach students the creation and critical thinking.
- To foster students to work in teams for integrated problems.
Being consistent with the mission of the IU – VNU HCMC, SEE aims to:
- Help students to take the best advantage of their educational opportunities and prepare them with the necessary knowledge to be able to adapt to the rapid change in technology
- Conduct high-quality research that benefits students, scholar and communities
- Transfer technology to solve community problems and create strong collaboration with Industry.
Program Educational Objectives of School of Electrical Engineering (SEE)
The SEE, IU – VNU HCMC educates graduates with highly specialized knowledge and skills to:
- Be a capable Engineer who may contribute in different areas of Electrical and Electronic industries
- Be engaged in lifelong learning and researching to adapt rapid changes in global economic and technologies
- Serve efficiently the community, society, and industry in an ethical and responsible manner
- Have professional working style and leadership.