The School of Electrical Engineering (SEE) was established in 2004 by the decision of the International University (IU) – Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh City (VNU HCMC). Since the establishment of SEE, there are some milestones as follows:
- In 2004, SEE was established as the Decision No 405/QĐ/ĐHQG/TCCB.
- In 2005: SEE set up Program in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering, as the Decision No 90/QĐ-ĐHQT-ĐT.
- In 2009: SEE had the first graduates.
- In 2010: SEE set up master’s Program in Electrical Engineering, as the Decision No 266-QĐ-ĐHQG/ĐH-SĐH.
- In 2013: SEE was accredited by AUN-DAAD.
- In 2013: SEE set up the modern laboratory, RF and Microwave Laboratory.
- In 2014: SEE set up Program in Control Engineering and Automation, as the Decision No 704_QD-DHQG-DH-SDH.
- In 2015: SEE set up a new laboratory, Micro-processing and Embedded System Laboratory.
- In 2016: SEE set up a new laboratory, PLC and SCADA.
- In 2017: SEE set up a new laboratory, Signal Processing.
- In 2020-2021: SEE was accredited by ABET.