Master of Electronics Engineering
Application documents: Please download the documents below here
– Application form for entrance examination for Master programs with portrait;
– Or non-entrance examination application form with portrait;
– Curriculum vitae (affixed seal on the portrait with confirmation from the local or work agency within 6 months between the date of confirmation and the date of application submission);
– 02 notarized copies of Bachelor’s degree (or 02 Temporary undergraduate certificates) within 6 months between the date of certification and the date of application submission and 02 Undergraduate academic transcripts;
– Referral letter from the work agency (compulsory for applicants enrolling for Business Administration who do not have economy-related undergraduate degree, Information Technology Management in Vietnamese);
– 03 portraits in 3×4 cm size (full name, date of birth and master program must be included at the back of the portraits);
– 01 notarized copy of ID;
– Notarized copy of English certificate (if yes);
– Certificate of verification for priority cases (if yes);
– For Vietnamese applicants having undergraduate degree from abroad universities:
Degree verification given by Ministry of Education and Training (https://naric.edu.vn/)
Submission date: attach to the application document or submit before the examination day.
Commitment form (compulsory for applicants who submit the degree verification after the examination day).
Location for submission:
– Room O2.609, Floor 6, International University, Quarter 6, Linh Trung Ward, Thu Duc City, HCMC. (From Monday to Friday, 8:00 – 16:00)
– Pasteur Block, 234 Pasteur Street, Ward 6, District 3, HCMC (From Monday to Friday, 17:30 – 20:00)
a/ Document review and enrollment fee:
– Entrance examination applicant: 300.000 VND/person
– Non-entrance examination applicant: 180.000 VND/person
– Applicant joining in English test: 120.000 VND/person
b/ Tuition fee
– All programs: ~ 140.000.000 VND (~ 6.000 USD) (not including textbooks and materials)
– Public Management program (in Vietnamese): ~ 60.000.000 VND (~2.600 USD)
– Information Technology Management program (in Vietnamese): ~ 80.000.000 VND (~3.500 USD)
c/ English Bridging Program fee: ~ 6.000.000 VND/person (259 USD)
The fee depends on the VND/USD rate every semester.
Methods of Admission
a/ Entrance examination:
Applicants are required to take three exams on: Comprehensive subject (written format), Interview and English.
Conditions to be exempted from the English test: An applicant must meet one of the following conditions (these following documents are submitted together with the application documents)
– The minimum entry of the English language must reach 3/6, which is equivalent to B1 according to CEFR, based on the Regulation on foreign language proficiency standards at VNU-HCM:
|No.||Language||Certificate||Minimum Entry (B1)|
|B1 PET/ B1 Preliminary|
Duration: within 2 years between the date of certification and the date of application submission.
– An applicant is a Vietnamese who is either have:
• A full-time, English-taught PhD, Master, or Bachelor program in abroad universities that is accredited by authorized agency; or
• A Bachelor’s degree (advanced training program) according to the scheme on the implementation of advanced programs at a number of Vietnamese universities – Ministry of Education and Training or Programme de Formation d’Ingénieurs d’ Excellence au Vietnam (PFIEV) accredited by Commission des Titres d’Ingénieur (CTI) – France, degree given by foreign partners; a Bachelor’s degree from English-based courses accredited by Ministry of Education and Training or Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City; or
• A Bachelor’s degree in English Linguistics.
– An applicant is a non-Vietnamese, international student who studies in Vietnam and receives a scholarship from the government, in which Vietnam is a member of the international treaties:
• Minimum entry of Vietnamese proficiency from grade 4 above according to the Vietnamese language ability framework for foreigners; or
• Minimum entry of English proficiency based on the regulations of the institution; or
• English exemption in case the applicant enrolls a Master program taught in his/her first language.
b/ Non-entrance examination
Applicants are required to take two exams on: Interview and English.
Conditions to be exempted from the English test: An applicant must meet one of the following conditions according to section 4.1.
Eligibility: An applicant must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with the same major to the graduate program:
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program according to regional and international standards like AUN-QA, AACSB, ACBSP, ABET, EUR-ACE, FIBAA, CTI; or
• A Bachelor’s degree from a formal, accredited university according to regional and international standards like AUN-QA, HCERES with the cumulative GPA from 7.0 above (10 scale); or
• A Bachelor’s degree (Honors) from Vietnam National University; or
• A Bachelor’s degree (advanced training program) according to the scheme on the implementation of advanced programs at a number of Vietnamese universities – Ministry of Education and Training with the cumulative GPA from 7.0 above (10 scale); or
• A Bachelor’s degree from a formal university with a major similar to that of the graduate program with the cumulative GPA from 8.0 above (10 scale) – Good Grade; or
• Transition program from Bachelor to Master of VNU-HCM; or
• A Bachelor’s degree with GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test), GRE (The Graduate Record Examination), or Graduate Aptitude Test held by Vietnam National University within the validity period; or
• International students.
c/ Direct entry
Undergraduate applicants in Vietnam National University system with major matching to the graduate admission program and English proficiency that meets the requirements in the section of Entrance examination, including:
• A formal engineering program with 150 credits above; or
• A formal Bachelor’s degree with cumulative GPA from 8.0 above (10 scale); or
• A valedictorian of a formal Bachelor program; or
• First, Second, or Third medal of either the national or international Olympic Competition.
d/ Priority policies
1_ Priority cases
• Person who has worked for more than 2 years (until the due date of enrollment document submission) in Area 1 according to Regulations of Vietnam National High School Graduation Examination. In this case, candidate has to continue the current job or appoint/dispatch the work agency/authorized organization; or
• Invalid, person who is entitled to invalid’s policies; or
• Martyr’s son/daughter; or
• Hero of the People’s Armed Forces, Hero of Labor; or
• Ethnic minorities; or
• Son/daughter of veteran who was exposed to chemical contaminants, verified by Provincial People’s Committee regarding disabilities and difficulties in daily activities.
2_ Priority levels
Candidates who are belongs to priority cases in the above section (one candidate may have more than one priority case) will have a 10 bonus in the language test result (100 scale) if they are not involved in the English test exemption’s cases. A 1.0 bonus in either one of the two examination subjects (10 scale) will be included according to the section of Entrance examination.
Priority principle: A 1 bonus will be added to a subject lower than 5.0 in case of another subject is higher than 5.0. In other cases, a 1.0 bonus will be added to the Interview.
OFFICE OF GRADUATE AFFAIRS – INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, VNU-HCM
THU DUC CAMPUS: Room O2.609, Floor 6, International University, Quarter 6, Linh Trung Ward, Thu Duc City, HCMC
• Phone: 028 3724 4270 – Ext. 3120
• Time: 8:00 – 16:00 (Mon-Fri)
• Person in charge: Ms. Nguyen Hong Minh
• Email: email@example.com
HCMC CAMPUS: Pasteur Block, 234 Pasteur Street, Ward 6, District 3, HCMC
• Phone: 028 3824 2092
• Time: 17:30 – 20:00 (Mon-Sat)