Field of study: Electronics
Expected number of students: 15 students/year
Duration : 1,5-2 years
Program Mode: Full time
- Reasons to choose the program at IU
Electrical Engineering is always the cutting-edge and important area of engineering not only in Vietnam but also worldwide. School of Electrical Engineering at International University (Vietnam National University-HCMC) pursues the most advanced studies in Electrical Engineering, preparing students to become great in both professional career and research path. Our course structure is based on training programs of several prestigious universities in the world, and the teaching staffs are composed of dynamics and excellent professors. Moreover, teaching and research laboratories with modern equipment of more than 3.0 million USD investments allow students to penetrate in modern practical work.
- Career Opportunities
The Master program is designed to provide broad and depth of knowledge in electrical engineering to maximize professional development opportunities for students with solid theoretical basis, practical and leadership skills.
Graduate students from the School of Electrical Engineering have a great chance to:
- Work in domestic or foreign companies related to IC design, consumer electronics, information technology and automation
- Work in domestic or foreign communication/network corporations, mobile network, airlines & transportations companies.
- Develop their professional career in the entertainment and advertising industry.
- Develop start-up companies and introduce new electrical and communication products to the market.
- Training programs
The master of electronics is divided into 2 categories: coursework and research which equip the students with basic and advanced knowledge about communication systems, microelectronics, signal processing, and biomedical devices. The research student is equipped with background knowledge before delve into the research period which boosts the research capabilities and opens new research opportunities like postgraduate study.
- ADMISSION CRITERION
- Candidates submit necessary documents and have to pass the General Test, Interview, and English. In case the number of candidates pass all the tests but exceed the training quota, those from the top-down will be admitted
- Except those graduated from English universities or come from an English-native speaking country, the candidates have to submit the TOEFL score. Those with TOEFL less than 500 will have to take intensive English courses before taking major courses.
- .Candidates graduate with GPA greater than or equal 80/100 and have TOEFL score greater than 400 will be considered to be exempted the entrance examination
The International University will grant scholarship for the ten percentages of the best-performing students.
Scholarships for twinning programs: being considered based on academic performance during the time of studying at the International University.
Scholarships to encourage science and technology
- 1st degree: 100% scholarship
- 2nd degree: 50% scholarship
- STRUCTURE OF THE COURSEWORK PROGRAM:
Equivalent 1 semester
- STRUCTURE OF THE RESEARCH PROGRAM:
Equivalent 2 semester